Clients use STEM Career Services in a variety of ways, from getting constructive feedback on their resumes from industry experts to getting step-by-step support throughout the entire hiring process.
In today’s fast-paced, competitive hiring environment, STEM graduates can no longer afford to simply apply for positions under the assumption that they will be hired immediately. The STEM Career Services team has worked with thousands of clients across the globe to help them find exciting, high-paying job opportunities. Our industry longevity makes us highly capable of assisting STEM graduates communicate their technical and transferable skills effectively during the entire hiring process.
STEM Career Services founder Josh Henkin understands the idiosyncrasies of job placement in the ultra-competitive science, technology, engineering and math fields. In addition to having earned a STEM PhD, completing a postdoc, being awarded an AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowship and holding numerous jobs using technical skills in the private sector, Josh has over 15 years of experience reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates as a hiring manager.
It’s Josh’s vast experience in support of career development for STEM graduates that earned him a seat on the Board of Directors for the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) as the nonprofit’s treasurer and as a member of the Executive Committee. Because the work Josh does with the NPA provides rare insight into the daily lives of graduate students, postdocs and early career professionals, he is intimately familiar with the challenges graduates face when jump-starting and transitioning into their next career.
Josh is also recognized as an American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Career Development Center subject matter expert. No one is more qualified to help you get your next position than Josh and his team.
STRENGTHEN YOUR VALUE PROPOSITION WITH PROSPECTIVE HIRING MANAGERS BY UTILIZING OUR COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES SPANNING THE ENTIRE CAREER PLACEMENT PROCESS
BEFORE THE INTERVIEW
We help you …
- Identify the numerous and diverse career paths that are available to STEM graduates.
- Understand what you are enthusiastic about, your innate talents and how to find a career that aligns with your passions.
- Learn what technical and nontechnical skills you already possess and strategize how to best articulate these skills during the hiring process.
- Increase your nontechnical skills, or “transferable skills,” to make you a stronger candidate when you are ready to transition to a new position.
- Maximize professional social networks (e.g. LinkedIn).
- Write effective resumes that will clearly communicate your skills to an employer.
- Employ best practices when crafting cover letters.
- Critically read, understand and respond to a position description to show an employer that you are a competitive candidate.
- Properly network with confidence, build relationships and maximize connections to improve your chances of securing future job opportunities.
DURING THE HIRING PROCESS
We help you …
- Create and personalize your elevator pitch to employers and professional colleagues so that you will gain confidence and feel more comfortable speaking about yourself with others.
- Negotiate compensation packages.
Thoroughly prepare for interviews by teaching you valuable interview skills, tips, practice techniques and questions you’ll have to answer.
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION!
See how our career counselors can be a good match for your needs through a free phone consultation.